If you are driving and suddenly have an accident then what will be the first thing that will come into your mind. Obviously, the people with you, car, and ambulance. If you have many other people with you and you are somehow not that much injured then you do these things first.
- Check that other people are not that much injured, but if some people who are travelling with you are in serious condition then you should take care of them till any help come to you.
- If anyone is in serious condition then call an ambulance.
- Check the car condition that is it ok or catching more fire or smoking.
- Try not to blame anyone for this accident.
- Make sure not to get the blame on yourself.
- Check the car condition that how much damaged it is for the insurance process.
- Call the car removal and let them know about the accident. Tell them the car condition whether it is removable easily or not. There are many car removal companies that are working in every area in Australia. They come and remove your car without costing you any money. Such companies have their own towing trucks and do not cost you money for car transfer.
- If you need towing vehicle then call them immediately so that you can get your car removed.
- Do not forget to take photos of the car so that you can claim your insurer for the specific cost of damage.
Sell an old car and instant cash: Cash For Used Cars Melbourne
These are all the things that you should do after an accident. Now, you will think that what next and who is responsible for the damage of a car and who will pay the cost? Then there is no need to worry about it if you have insured your car with the right insurance type. But if the fault is of another person then ask them to pay the cost for the damage of your car.
Call Your Insurer
There is no need to worry if your car is badly damaged because of the selection of the right insurance type. Whatever the insurance type you have selected with your car will benefit you at this time. Every insurance type is different. There are many insurance companies and every company has different insurance policies and different deals with the affected person.
After calling the insurance company, you will need to provide the details. You can provide this detail online because every company has an online system. The company will ask for some detail including location, date and some other detail that may be related to the car. Whatever the insurance type you selected, you need to provide the same detail. They will also ask the detail of another driver if any, their name and address. Sometimes it is necessary to provide a drawing of accident place to an insurer for more prove.
According to all the provided details, the company will come to know that the other person is at fault or how much damage they can pay. They will let you know what type of insurance they have and how much cost they can get for your car. If the damage is not that much then you will have to pay by yourself but if the cost of the damaged is very high and you get the bill increases your budget then the company will pay the cost and your car will define as a write-off. It means you are able to get new car in return for this damaged car.
Make sure you tried your best to get the cost for each and everything. Ask them for the cost of towing and car removal if you hired a car removal company. Try as much you can get from the insurance company. In the end, you will get a bitter taste of getting clear the cost of car damaged. Because if you will not receive the amount then you will be in a loss but if you get all the cost that you paid then it will be a good advantage for you to select a car insurer. If the dealing of your car insurance is good with the company then carry on with the same company otherwise select another company for further dealing.